We’re adding a household employee and I need to find a service/software to manage payroll — cut checks, handle all the tax filings, year end 1040s, etc etc etc. At first glance here is what I am finding:
- Paycycle gets a good review in PCMag and is paying to be at the top of google listings
- Surepayroll gets a decent review as well but seems to cost a lot more.
- ADP has a small business offer but I suspect overkill. Ditto Peachtree
- Buyerzone seems to have a lead gen system that will generate quite a few quotes from outsourcing services. Hesitate to try, I don’t want a blizzard of annoying email. And there is supplier-match, they are an affiliate of buyerzone, so I guess I pay two fees effectively to get a referal? crazy.
- I am sure the quickbooks solution is adequate but I don’t really want to install software.
- I am not sure how 10dollarpayroll differs from paycycle but anyone who uses the blink tag (or the moral equivalent) in 2006 is off my list.
- Payrollpayroll — I guess they really really know know their their payroll payroll stuff stuff.
I am sure my accountant can recommend some local service providers too. Has anyone used paycycle?