Installed the Win7 Beta1. I think MSFT will sell a ton of this. It just seems faster and cleaner than Vista. I haven’t played with new features yet — early NYT review seems positive — but glad that it seems […]
EA to release games on Valve’s Steam completely free of DRM. – Steam is increasingly impressive. shocked msft hasn’t purchased.
* Playing AVIs on a mac. Thanks Rich. I’ve just been deleting these emails mostly. * Find open files preventing disk ejection on mac * How to MMS from iPhone. Thanks again rich * Bring the ribbon to notepad. not […]
Photo Tools: FDR Tool, PortraitProfessional, Lumapix, Digi-labs | Tongfamily.com — lots of great tips here. I am currently using Aperture and Noise Ninja, with an occasional dip in Adobe Elements — I can’t bring myself to spring for Photoshop but […]
* CrunchGear » Archive » XBMC for Mac OS X continues to mature, gives Front Row much needed competition — I have an idle mac mini… * cloudprint — i occasionally want to print at home while at work, and […]
CrunchGear » Archive » D-Link’s ethernet-to-coaxial adapter kit: useful but expensive — ha, you can buy old ethernet coax cards for pennies on various websites. of course they need ISA slots. I think my partners Jon and Rich may still […]
Platformonomics – Sony and the Joy of Craplets — nice rant. The PC industry is so wrongheaded on this point.
Architecture astronauts take over – Joel on Software — “It’s Groove, rewritten from scratch, one more time. Ray Ozzie just can’t stop rewriting this damn app, again and again and again, and taking 5-7 years each time.” Ouch.
* Crapware: Superior Alternatives to Crappy Windows Software — i didn’t know about cdburnerxp * Rsyncx on the mac — potential beyondcompare alternative * Passpack password manager. I am not ready to give some service all my credentials but man […]
* Featured Mac Download: Drag and Drop Upload Files to Google Docs with Gdocsuploader — Googledocs mounted on a mac. * Flickr mounted under Linux * Mount USB drives in a folder — to get around windows shell goofiness and […]
Assign USB Drives to a Folder — great tip
CrunchGear » Archive » NVIDIA makes up a manly slice of Vista Crash Pie — wow, the pc business bites msft in the ass hard. i don’t see how msft can let this stand long run.
* TeraCopy — asynch copying with pause, resume, error handling * Doublekiller — find and kill file dupes. And then RED to kill empty dirs * Defraggler — individual file defraggler. UPDATE: faulted when I ran it. not going to […]
My time capsule was easy to setup to back up my macbook but I also wanted to use it a file share for my windows PCs. It was not obvious at all how to connect to it from Windows. The […]
* Completely Uninstalling Windows Applications — sadly necessary * svchost processes — this is very helpful. * Google Docs Uploader — I am shifting all my doc storage up to google docs, this is helpful
A Little Ludwig Goes A Long Way: Not too happy with my Drobo — I did finally get a support call with Drobo and they got it working. I had to go twiddle a BIOS setting having to do with […]
* Switch Between Your Gmail Accounts — hmm this has been an impediment to spawning more accounts * Paypal toolbar gens one-off credit card numbers — always liked the one-off credit card idea; at one point some ecommerce sites didn’t […]
Data Robotics, Inc. | Knowledge Base — these things are getting fab reviews but * my PC won’t boot with it attached — apparently there is some bios tweak i can do — yuck * and even when i can […]
Wow. Haven’t installed XP in quite a while. I installed the retail XP from a CD. Then had to find my motherboard drivers on a different PC, burn them to a CD, since XP didn’t have the drivers on the […]