Random things I’ve stumbled on in the last week, and that I am sure I will need to know again. …permanently delete some files from Github? Like when you check in something to the wrong project accidentally. …temporarily show a […]
I have a need to collaborate on some complex documents and I am trying out Sphinx as the document build system. Plays nice with github, promises to play well with code (tho I haven’t really tried that out yet), uses […]
Stuff I recently saw which intrigued… * “GeometricTools”:http://geometrictools.com (via @donpark) — great repository of code snippets for math and geo operations. * “How to find freely usable photos on the net”:http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505143_162-57399598/how-to-find-photos-you-can-legally-use-anywhere/ — excellent tips, I’d been using Wikimedia Commons as […]
Since I am semi-retired from Halloween prop-building (tho I still have 2 storage pods full of gear if anyone wants to buy some skeletons, tombstones, etc…) I have not been buying as many tools and workbench gadgets as I used […]
* “Wire Bender”:http://toolmonger.com/2010/01/07/wire-bending-the-easy-way/ is a genius little thing. Cheap, rarely used, but the exact right tool for certain jobs. * “Air hose swivel”:http://toolmonger.com/2009/11/10/stop-fighting-with-your-air-hose/ is another simple little thing that is exactly the right solution. * “Rollo Knife”:http://toolmonger.com/2010/02/23/roll-o-was-its-name-o/. Rolling utility knife, […]
Awesome Studio Mango rugs. Love the asymmetry. Hometown Jigsaw Puzzle. Would order one but 2-3 weeks for production… Compartes Chocolates. Not really a chocolate fan but these are just so great looking… Blue shift bumper sticker. Geek humour. Tyler Cowen’s […]
Not doing a big Halloween thing this year due to other commitments. Saving these tips for the future… * “Monsterlist”:http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/. Starting point to find any kind of halloween project * “Kurt’s tool wishlist”:http://www.grimvisions.com/tools/tools-i-want-to-get. I can only aspire to Kurt’s skill […]
* Possibly the most ill-considered travel item ever — those TSA agents love a good joke. Ha ha ha, strip your clothes off sir. * Vex robotic kit. Never had robot love, but if i did… * Sticky tripod. No […]
* Solar Camping Lantern — I remember the old coleman lanterns using white gas, the pumping, the mantles. What a pain in the a$%. This looks way simpler. * King Cobra wristwatch — awesome looking. Tho I have completely given […]
Animated Knots by Grog. — animations of how to tie nearly every knot you ever need. Oh and the forgotten Zeppellin knot — apparently critical in the production of Physical Graffiti. Both via Make. The internet is freaking awesome.
* Graph Paper Napkins. To better help you design a breakthrough on the back of napkin. * Defendius Lock System. Prevents you from going at night when you’ve had too much. * Veneer Toolbox. I’m not handy, so maybe I […]
Imm Living. Love these totem coffee cups. And this woodgrain pillow tho the color choices don’t work for us anywhere Brilliant little painting tool Corner clamp — looks positively frightening when not in use, like some medieval dentistry tool
Dremels, Drill Bits, and Other Pumpkin-Carving Tools — excellent set of tools from Brett. Funkins are awesome as they keep forever.
The eyeballing game. Angle bisecting and right angling are apparently my special skills. I pretty much suck at finding circle centers and making parallelograms tho.
Toolmonger » Blog Archive » Are You Smarter Than A Bolt?. — awesome bolts that give you feedback when you are overtightening. I need hardware like this. I really need stud-finding, conduit-avoiding nails.
Toolmonger » Blog Archive » Preview: Stanley 3-in-1 Tripod Flashlight. For the person who already has 37 flashlights and wants more.
Fluidforms :: Individual Design. — awesome topographical bowls and other objects. Drippable adhesives as sculpting medium. There are some cool Halloween designs hiding in this idea Fire fighting gun. Makes you want to have a fire nearby. Bits needed for […]
Stuff I Want But Don't Need — Geekhouse Bikes Powder Coating, Boynq Iris, Cyclone, Earthworm Hydro Drill
* Geekhouse Bikes Powder Coating Graphics — I never ride my bike, but wow could it look cool collecting dust * Now that I’ve installed Edison, let me burn up all my savings with this dynamic LED keyboard * Boynq […]
* Toolmonger » Blog Archive » Bending Over Is For Chumps — actually I totally need this! Ordering today. * Waspknife. For the sharks in Lake Washington. * Jawbone 2. Rich loves it but I refuse to go bluetooth until […]