Broadband to the home
We are thinking about some business opportunities in the home networking space. I’d love to hear from you all about your needs and problems. Some questions I have:
– Do you have a cablemodem or dsl connection to the internet now? Are you thinking of getting one?
– Do you have multiple PCs in your house that you want to connect up to the cablemodem or dsl connection? How are you going to do that?
– Are you worried about security of your PCs once you put them on this cablemodem or dsl connection? What are you willing to spend to prevent virus attacks each month? Do you spend money today on virus checking software, or a virus checking service, or on a firewall?
– Are you worried about your family’s use of the internet? What will you spend to filter out objectionable content for your kids? Do you spend anything today on this?
– Are you worried about backup of all the files on your PCs? Would you pay for a service to backup your files over your cablemodem or dsl connection so that they were safely stored up on the network? Do you spend money today on backup software or a backup service?
– Do you share photos today with your extended family? Why or why not? What is preventing you?