* “Cutting the Cord on Cable”:http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203550304577138841278154700.html. Wish I could get there but live HD sports still keeps me stuck to cable/satellite provider. I’ve tried the streaming options and they are weak — poor selection of games/sources (I need ESPN/ABC channels […]
* “Poor Halo play prompts stabbing threat”:http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/archives/231642.asp. Doesn’t seem unreasonable. I’ve heard campers threatened with worse. * “How Secure Is My Password”:http://howsecureismypassword.net/. No idea how accurate, but fun. 17 thousand years for my typical password. * “Rich on photobooks”:http://www.tongfamily.com/archives/2010/12/photobooks-for-christmas/. I […]
* Lifebook MH380. Japan only right now. For some reason this netbook just looks cool to me. * “Netgear 200mb powerline ethernet”:http://www.netgear.com/Products/PowerlineNetworking/PowerlineEthernetAdapters/xavb2501.aspx — I might actually need this, one spot in the house where I would really like a wired […]
Well of course I will buy one because I am a geek. That said I am unconvinced. * I still have to carry my iPhone around because I need to make calls. Actually the iPad could free me to switch […]
After fall quarter ends… * “Microsoft Courier”:http://gizmodo.com/5365299/courier-first-details-of-microsofts-secret-tablet. Well covered by now but gosh looks like a cool device. * “Daytum”:http://daytum.com/. I feel like I should like this but not really sure what to do with * “StockTwits”:http://www.abnormalreturns.com/2009/09/how-to-make-the-most-of-stocktwits/. Should learn more […]
Dr. Dobb’s | A First Look at the Larrabee New Instructions (LRBni) | April 1, 2009.
“Whatever Happened to…?” | Technologizer. Good times, I remember all these. Loved my Epson MX-80 printer, my Hercules graphics card, my Hayes modem. I even loved my MiniDisc for a while tho those things were goofy. Zip discs were awesome […]
Scott Hanselman’s Computer Zen – FizzBin – The Technical Support Secret Handshake. Yes please!
Rich on buying guides. Useful. Me, I tend to ask Rich or Bob or Jim or Kurt or other enthusiasts I know, rather than relying on guides.
Milk Desk — i love well designed office furniture. I have a custom desk now that I am unhappy with because, despite massive passthrus, it just can’t handle the cabling and desk space demands of all the accesories needed. I […]
* Taking online real estate to the next level — someone should hire Olivier to spec out their real estate web service. Great ideas. * Animated Atlas — growth of the US — I’m a sucker for maps. * The […]
Microsoft sues Google. Wow, was this the only really smart guy Google could hire in China?
Back from two weeks of radio silence up on lopez island. Minor IT disasters on return — 3 power strips blown at home (can’t be a coincidence), one machine that forgot its hard disk config and was trying to boot […]
OK I can’t leave well enough alone. I have to take every opportunity to turn everyday human experiences into geekfests. So I got a Samsung SC-X105 Sports Camcorder, attached the remote lens with the provided straps to my head, and […]
Here’s what I want: * Samsung MP3 player — for podcasting * a good pedometer+altimeter for my reentry into hiking. plenty of good pedometers and altimeters but are there any combos — preferably belt worn, not wrist?
* Google just keeps cranking — Google launches search history. Google allows multiple Site: specifiers — an undervalued capability. RSS reader now in gmail. Desktop search plugins. Hey google, give me a simple document app (notes and simple spreadsheets and […]
The web is an amazing thing. Saved us from a cooking disaster this weekend. We hauled our rice cooker out of the small appliance graveyard in our house — wedged in between the juicer and bread machine, just in front […]
It is all coming crashing down around me right at the moment. I don’t feel like I have gadgets and gear, I just have problems. On my person/in my bag: my blackberry keys are sticking and i have to replace […]
In a boring meeting the other day, I was reflecting on how many ways people can get ahold of me. I did a little inventory. Voice: You can call me at: * 425 709 0772. Ignition central number. Accepts Voicemail […]
* Love the new customizable Google news — my customized page is here (so that I can use it on all my machines). This page is good enough for me to add to my set of startup pages in Firefox. […]