Mitsubishi Electric Develops Camera that Refocuses Photos – Emerging Technology — man this is freaking huge. I don’t completely understand the physics of what these folks are doing but capturing enough info about the incident light to be able to change the focus at post-processing is freaking huge.
* I wonder how the LPs feel (via Mattishness) at Starting Up by Rahul Pathak
* Bob on tripods. Bob knows photography
* Andy reminds me to disconnect every once in a while.
* The jobster team keeps pouring out features.
* Our friends at IR were acquired! Congrats!
Cool — Marginal Revolution: The Beauty Function — algorithms to automatically beautify people.
It is one thing to see these developed someday as processing software tools. That will be nice. But I want this code jammed right into my camera, I want this to happen realtime — I want all my pictures to look great. Or imagine stuffed into a mirror — man retailers would love this, everyone would look awesome in the store when trying on clothes. Or even into your eyeglasses — it would be a much happier world if we all thought everyone was more attractive.
* CrunchGear ? Blog Archive ? Tivoli Table Stereo for Audiophiles — these tivoli products seem way cool.
* 181 things to do on the moon — why to go back
* nanotext to fight counterfeiters — kind of cool, but how does the clerk at the 7-11 check for nanotext?
* Are You Watching This? — what is hot in sports tv right now
* Ignite Seattle — Hey I think Ignition should be an honorary sponsor
* Mapping Books — i love anything that is bookish
* wikicalc goes 1.0 — must try this
* the time fountain — i love stop-action photography
* Folded lens — simple yet awesome
* Another great HDR photo from Bob — HDR effects on single image B&W – Bobsplanet. I have to play around with HDR sometime soon. When will we see our first automatic HDR camera?
* Andy likes keyworddiscovery.com
* Melodeo launches with cingular — congrats!
* Rich on the Sony HD videocam — the perfect xmas present!
* Also rich points me towards an IR-compatible camera — I’ve been using a Sony DSC-F828 for a couple years and been happy, but would be great to have some lens options. Get your mind out of the gutter, this is for Halloween pix.
* Phil found deskfinder — remote search of your desktop from your blackberry. pretty awesome.
* As Brad notes, JudysBook has done a major facelift. Looks good…
* Network Magic pricing has changed, and Jeff has gotten a lot of great feedback and support. Great to see the direct engagement with the customers.
* The blockbuster bestseller is dying. “…the evidence shows we are moving away from a winner-take-all society, not toward it”
* Solar powered flickering candles. Ordered for Halloween
* Great lens guidance from bob and rich. I now know infinitely more.
* Netgear launches powerline 200. Exactly what I need for connecting up the Tivo to the net.
* Quikmaps via iunknown — easy way to markup maps. Nice.
* podcast of ted videos. Subscribed.
* Cellfire mobile coupons via techcrunch. Tried to sign up but doesn’t support the blackberry, darn.
* Some Aspects of aging are out of our control.
* Via gotAPI.com | Gadgetopia, gotapi.com — online reference for a bunch of different languages. nice.
* Martin points to a great doc on how brazil achieved oil independence
* First 100+megapixel sensor — rich here is your next camera.
* Watching electrons go by. Awesome. Also awesome — Flipping a surface from sticky to slippery.
* From Chris Pirillo, inflight USB charger — if you use your video ipod a lot, you need this.
* Bob intros pachydrm.org — open source drm
* Microsoft starts letting the community rate drivers — great idea.
* Must try Flock again.
* Letting your xbox blog.
* With Skype’s recent announce of free outbound calling, I should try one of the cordless handsets available
* A Washington-based PC Mfr focused on silent PCs — endpcnoise
* Rich is getting me excited about getting a higher end digital camera — shopping for the nikon d200, d200 vs 5d, canon lenses. I’ve been taking a lot of sports photos and am feeling the need for better zoom, faster shutter response.
* The ion usb turntable — cool. Though I only have 20 LPs left…
* GPS tracker. Not sure why I want this.