Been digging around a bit for more trail resources. Came across some useful sites. A lot of these are primarily bike trails over old rail and canal ROWs but still pretty interesting: * “The DNR”:http://ohiodnr.com/?TabId=11915 summarizes trails across all state […]
OK Central Ohio doesn’t have a lot of huge national forests or national parks, and so at first I thought hiking opportunities were constrained. But now I’ve stumbled across all these “state nature preserves”:http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/tabid/860/Default.aspx and some of them are pretty […]
* Possibly the most ill-considered travel item ever — those TSA agents love a good joke. Ha ha ha, strip your clothes off sir. * Vex robotic kit. Never had robot love, but if i did… * Sticky tripod. No […]
Frustrating morning, up early and out to the trailhead but road chained off. Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest – Current Conditions is supposed to have current conditions, and you can also call the North Bend ranger station 425 888 1421. However […]
Awesome find by Brett — Redtrails, Wish it showed current snow levels!
All over the place — Distilleries of Scotland, DC, Bullets, Games, Doghouses, Golf, Currency, and more
Brett on Stuff » Distilleries of Scotland. A reason to hike Scotland WOW — stronger authentication than your bank. What does that say about the world. Running DC thru the house. An idea whose time has come again? Indie games […]
Brett on Stuff » Chia Seed for Backpacking. Brett is an amazing resource. I have no idea if I will ever need this piece of information in my life, but now I know how to prepare and eat Chia seeds.
Heading up later this week and needed a reminder — A Little Ludwig Goes A Long Way » Blog Archive » Hiking on Lopez Island — the shark reef walk is still great and I want to hit Iceberg point […]
!>http://jhludwig.smugmug.com/photos/326309800_TAsa6-Ti.jpg!:http://jhludwig.smugmug.com/photos/326309800_TAsa6-X3.jpg first time I’ve ever seen an owl in nature. Apparently a juvenile barred owl. Very curious about us.
Toolmonger » Blog Archive » Power-Drill Tent Stakes — OK I love to use power tools but I tend not to carry them while camping, not even if I ever car-camped. I guess this is for people setting up tents […]
* Coghlan’s – Product Display — mini lantern and clipon headlamp. I’d actually use the headlamp * Easyroaster. Cool but I don’t really like hotdogs or smores. * Yaktrax traction control. I rarely try to hike on snow. * Mini […]
Brett on Stuff » A Backpackers Dream — wow this site is really awesome, who needs to hike anymore? Top 10 survival tools over on wired — handy. Micro LED light — another ultralight goodie from brett
Brett on Stuff ? Little Annapurna Day hike — what a great review, I wish all trail reviews had this level of detail! Sounds like an awesome hike
* Welcome to NALGENE Outdoor! — all things nalgene * Brett on water treatment * Brett also on how to pack ultralight And just in case I need motivation to get outdoors — daily exercise dramatically lowers men’s death rates
* The Gadgets Weblog: Wacom Bamboo Fun — I’ve always wanted a tablet. * Painter’s Pyramid — actually seem highly useful * 160Megapixel camera — on the road to gigapixel cameras * Sandisk TakeTV. this keeps calling out to me […]
* Awesome Local Deals Content in Seattle & Atlanta at Starting Up by Rahul Pathak — Rahul talks about latest Judy’s Book release — the content is starting to vastly improve… * Phil’s Blackberry app gets some good press coverage\ […]
Protector Boats — not in the market but man these look awesome.
Weekend hike was Mt Catherine, just past Snoqualmie Pass. Cold and rainy, must have been 45 degrees at the base early Sunday morning. This guy had a much better weather day than me — Mt. Catherine, WA — pretty much […]
* NITON XRF Analyzers for Toys & Consumer Goods — I saw this on a news program, testing toys for lead. totally cool. $1000 to rent for a week so probably ridiculously expensive. * iStraw — well we just had […]
* No-staple stapler is better for the environment (and looks cool) — I hate freaking staples. This looks useful and cheap * B&W Zeppelin iPod speaker system. I would probably never actually buy this but it looks wicked. * Powerkayak. […]