* Fold out shelving system. Wow this is just awesome looking.
* Kurt’s key list of propbuilding tools.
* Rich and Bob’s Tripod reco — Gitzo1541T and the Really Right Stuff BH-40LR. I actually need this.
* Hangman light. Awesome tho I think the rest of the family might object.
Remember the Leg Lamp from A Christmas Story?
* USB Aroma Diffuser/Hub/Moodlight — good to see that the tech industry inventive spirit remains alive, with products like this the US economy will remain a juggernaut for years to come.
* Paperclip Lamp. I bet it breaks if you adjust it too many times.
* GSelect. A whole site of overdesigned stuff that I should probably avoid.
* Infinite Attic. To store all the crap I shouldn’t have bought. Sadly I could really use this…
* Solar Camping Lantern — I remember the old coleman lanterns using white gas, the pumping, the mantles. What a pain in the a$%. This looks way simpler.
* King Cobra wristwatch — awesome looking. Tho I have completely given up on wristwatches.
* Carabiners make everything better. So true.
* Denture ice cubes. Seriously awesome.
* Resistor cheat sticker. I can never remember how to speak resistor.
* Antitheft lunch bags — brilliant.
* Woven wood chairs. Beautiful. Probably uncomfortable as hell.
* Single sheet plywood design contest. I’ve made a lot of single-sheet coffins for halloween, here are some other cool ideas
* Etched glass storage jars — I have old chemist bottles I bought from various sorts, here is how to fill out your mad scientist lab.
* Cosmic nightlight. Just looks cool.
* Lamp with Pigtails | Design Milk. Seems vaguely creepy, a bunch of these with dimmers in the living room for a halloween party would be eerie.
* Love these egg lights too. Fully lit they are kind of cheery. Put a dim pulsing bulb in there and it feels like the lower deck of some alien spaceship wreckage.
* How To Make bright green fire | Wonder How To — cool looking, i wonder how toxic this is
* Cheap ambient lighting with rope lights. Cool idea, my mausoleum could use this
* simple DMX controller. I went away from DMX as most of my effects are outside, and water doesn’t mix with dmx cabling, but maybe there is a way to rework my system — after all i basically moved all control electronics into the garage last year and just ran power cables out.
* Planningwiz floor plan software — i use a plan to layout all my halloween plans, this might be a simpler tool
One thing I have plenty of is fog. Between my whole yard fog system and my 4-5 point fog systems, i have fog galore.
This year I’d like to do a little more with fog and lighting. Fog Machine Vortex is one idea i may try. Another I am working on is to project a ghostly image onto a dense area of fog — kind of like fogscreen but way cheaper.