I just discovered 507 movements, what a great resource! Back in my active Halloween days, I used to spend a lot of time figuring out how to turn simple rotary motion (as available from a myriad cheap motors) into some […]
A few years ago when I was very active in Halloween decorating, I used the “Basic Stamp”:http://www.parallax.com/ for prop control. This is still a solid product and you can still buy a lot of stamp-based kits and products. I’m starting […]
OK so I am out of the business of doing a huge Halloween setup. For probably 10 years we did a monster setup with 4-5 fog systems including a yard-wide water-based system, 5-6 sound systems, many many tombstones, pneumatic props, […]
The nice folks at “Monster Guts”:http://monsterguts.com just sent email reminding me it is 6 months to Halloween. I’ve been on hiatus the last couple years but it may work out that I can do a smallish display this year. I […]
* “EMP cannon”:http://www.physorg.com/news183296601.html. Mount one of these babies on your trunk and eliminate that tailgating problem. * “Shock Cannon”:http://www.physorg.com/news183142646.html and here is how to get that solicitor off your porch. * “Vortex Cannon video”:http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/07/gas-powered_vortex_cannon_as_big_ba.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890. Probably a bit more powerful than […]
Scott mentioned this place, have to get there. Via this pretty useful capitol hill blog
Not doing a big Halloween thing this year due to other commitments. Saving these tips for the future… * “Monsterlist”:http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/. Starting point to find any kind of halloween project * “Kurt’s tool wishlist”:http://www.grimvisions.com/tools/tools-i-want-to-get. I can only aspire to Kurt’s skill […]
These labels are awesome. Hat tip to Kurt
grimvisions on Etsy – Grimvisions – Where Grim Visions Become Dark Art — nice pieces from Kurt for the halloween season. I’ve seen his work in person, very very impressive.
* Solar Camping Lantern — I remember the old coleman lanterns using white gas, the pumping, the mantles. What a pain in the a$%. This looks way simpler. * King Cobra wristwatch — awesome looking. Tho I have completely given […]
* Single sheet plywood design contest. I’ve made a lot of single-sheet coffins for halloween, here are some other cool ideas * Etched glass storage jars — I have old chemist bottles I bought from various sorts, here is how […]
Had a great father’s day, got some cool photo tools, some books that look great, and a couple of games since I have played Left4Dead and Fallout3 to death. Here’s some stuff I didn’t get and probably for good reason. […]
* Lamp with Pigtails | Design Milk. Seems vaguely creepy, a bunch of these with dimmers in the living room for a halloween party would be eerie. * Love these egg lights too. Fully lit they are kind of cheery. […]
FrightProps – Halloween Props, Pneumatic Props, Animated Props, Halloween Accessories. Need to start thinking about.
Tangle of Wires: Jack o’lanterns in the tree. Does look nice. Zoybar. Seems like it might be a nice way to build some sound fx Tinker Store. I kind of like the firefly kit Prop Documents via Makezine. Nice to […]
Tangle of Wires. — Scott has a blog now. Amazingly great Halloween constructor.
* Twitchie robot kit. Looks like fun innards for a bunch of different props. * Great singing skull. * Haunted bookshelf. Don’t love the prop but really enjoy the cam mechanism, turning simple rotary motion into something more interesting. Second […]
CreativeTechs Tips: Mac Halloween Screensavers. The first one is nice and free. The second is $5 and a bit of a porker to download.
MAKE: Blog: HOW TO – Melon brain. Awesome looking and simple
Bottomless pit. Endless hallway effect turned on its side. Nice and not that hard.