The Big Picture | Peak Water ? — interesting graphics tho I am not sure I get it, are there huge fleets of tankers moving water from South America to Asia?
GreenMadeSimple: Find incentives, rebates and green business listings in your area — nice resource for finding discounts, rebates, etc for energy programs.
* bcurtisBLOG » People are talking about water… — nice chart on where all our water goes. Only 13% for household use. A huge amount to thermoelectric power generation. * Tom Evslin on energy policy. Great points — we need […]
* 50% greater fuel cell efficiency — basically by nanoscale engineering of the fuel cell elements. cool * frictional duality — suggests that smart nanoscale fabrication might be able to affect friction
‘Power 10’ ranking of top cleantech companies | Green Tech – CNET News.com — great company to be in!
XunLight, Silicon Thin Film Solar Maker, Raises $22M | EcoGeek — Nice to see an Ohio company leading the way
Plugging into your system’s vital signs – San Jose Mercury News — nice coverage on Fat Spaniel today
Very interested in products that make us smarter about our energy use at home. Sean reports on his use of TED — the TED device lets you get finegrained reports on your electricity use, and with a little playing around […]
Interesting energy reads — Cogeneration At Home: Ceramic Fuel Cells And Bloom Energy; Solar as a Service; Vacuum-insulated windows; Solar roof tiles
* The Oil Drum | Cogeneration At Home: Ceramic Fuel Cells And Bloom Energy * “Solar as a Service” — i like the phrasing * Vacuum-insulated glass windows — makes sense, I wonder what the effective life of these are […]
Physicists show electrons can travel over 100 times faster in graphene than in silicon — and faster than in copper.
An Update on Tornado Power Plants | EcoGeek — awesome, man-made tornados as part of a power plant. It just seems like the beginning of a great Michael Crichton novel.
Environmental Capital – WSJ.com : Setting Sun? The “End of the Beginning” for Solar Bonanza — turmoil in solar. Supply issues, tax credit concerns, etc. As far as I am concerned, this is good for investing — unstable markets represent […]
Cool Tool: Lemnis Pharox LED Bulb — seems like a good bulb. ordered.
* Idea Blob: An Infectious Way to Fund Your Green Business : Ecopreneurist — ok not really green specific but interesting * Reusing worn oil production tubing as jewelry — just looks cool. * Artifical Solar Leaves — cool looking, […]
* Nanotechnology-based clean hydrogen for cars — uses a vapor deposition process to create small catalyst spheres * New aluminum alloy used to create hydrogen — I don’t understand this one as well * Changing fluid behaviour with nanoparticles — […]
Good summary of this report — Clean Energy Future by Arno Harris: GreenTech’s PPA Report — Key Insight on Leased Buildings: * In 2009, PPAs will be established as the standard way that American businesses pay for on-site green power, […]
MIT Clean Energy Entrepreneurship Prize-Judges — cool, our own Brian Curtis is a judge! Interested to see the entries.
Lots of great energy stuff up at the DOE site — including Solid-State Lighting: Research Highlights which has their award winners for solid state lighting last year. I’ve tried some of the inexpensive commercially available LEDs and they suck. I’m […]
Greener Gadgets Design Competition 2008 – Produced by Core77 — some nice stuff here. I’d like to build one of these EnerJars.
Search Results | Seattle Times Newspaper — wonder if they are using Fat Spaniel