Recent Books — Semiosis, No One Is Coming to Save Us, Originals, Kamau Bell, Bellassai, Nanoscale Communications
- Semiosis by Sue Burke. Very good first contact tale, the things we meet might be very very different than us.
- No One is Coming to Save Us by Stephanie Powell Watts. Another independent bookstore pick up, waaaay outside my comfort zone, and I just couldn’t get thru it.
- Originals by Adam Grant. I expected to hate this as I tend not to enjoy pop business books, or books that justify people being jerks. But it was better than that. Useful tools for encouraging creativity in yourself and your teams.
- The Awkward Thoughts of W. Kamau Bell by W. Kamau Bell. Interesting story of a developing comic and his experiences with racism. I need to watch his show on CNN.
- Everything is Awful by Matt Bellassai. Another book by a comic, and this one is thin gruel after reading Bell above. Couldn’t finish, seemed so lightweight.
- Nanoscale Communication Networks by Stephen F. Bush. From 2010, so in this field this is like a billion years old, but still interesting. Transport mechanisms, delay characteristics, accuracy are so different at the nanoscale.