Recent Books — Scoreboard Baby, Red Rising, Need to Know, The Humans, Broken River, Go
- Scoreboard, Baby by Ken Armstrong & Nick Perry. The inside story on the UW football team in the early 2000s, pretty shocking and awful. I am sure this level of corruption has happened at other programs too.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown. Start of a series set in the far future of our solar system. All the near habitable planets and moons are terraformed, a rigid authoritarian society is in place, and an uprising starts at the lowest levels of Martian society. Fun.
- Need To Know by Karen Cleveland. A LOT of fun. A CIA analyst discovers her husband might be a Russian mole, and things get complicated as she tries to protect her life while more and more of the onion gets peeled away.
- The Humans by Matt Haig. A scientist makes a mathematical breakthrough which will transform our society, triggering the arrival of aliens who decide that humans aren’t ready for this knowledge.
- Broken River by J. Robert Lennon. Crimes and misdeeds swirl around a house in upstate New York. Eventually pretty much everyone is threatened with death or is dead. Fun!
- Introducing Go by Caleb Doxsey. Very short intro to golang. A bit thin.