I haven’t posted anything in months and this is how I choose to re-enter?
- Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink. Eh. Fantastical story with fantastical characters, can’t connect with story or people. I gave up
- Forest Dark by Nicole Krauss. If I knew more about Judaism and about Kafka, I would probably love this. It was engaging but I was just missing too much due to my ignorance.
- The Last Girl by Joe Hart. Yet another post-apocalyptic tale where women have it bad. This doesn’t really contribute much to the genre
- Sleeping Giants and Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel. A completely ridiculous premise about our first contact with a superior interstellar race. OK I kind of liked it but it is ridiculous.
- The Stars are Legion by Kameron Hurley. Some far distant future where technology and biology and humanity are completely intertwined. Just OK.