Is this thing on?
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates. A challenging but important read. It is difficult to really comprehend the road that less privileged have had to travel, but it is important to try to understand and address.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Yet another dystopian YA trilogy, but well written and very enjoyable.
- Ancillary Mercy by Ann Leckie. Third in the series and it is still holding up. Fascinating far future tale of empire and intrigue with a very unique set of ideas about identity.
- The Verificationist by Donald Antrim. Very well written, the self-absorbed main character is having a breakdown or trip, and you are along for the ride.
- Moxyland by Lauren Beukes. Eh, near future spread of technology through the less developed world. Some nice ideas but ultimately bored me.