Skip to main content
- The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison. From last year’s Nebula list, a great tale of court entrigue.
- The Ocean at The End of The Lane by Neil Gaiman. A pretty quick read, very entrancing. Worth the accolades.
- Ancillary Justice and Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie. Also from last year’s Nebula list, a galaxy-spanning human empire starts to crumble from the inside.
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman. Good but a big of a slog.
- Dead Wake by Erik Larson. A great telling of the last days of the Lusitania. Immediately bought another Larson, this was great.
- City of Bohane by Kevin Barry. A strange tale of near future Ireland. Men are fools.
- The Child Who by Simon Lelic. A lawyer nobly tries to defend a young murder suspect and finds his own life torn apart. Don’t try experiments on your family.