Grab bag of entertaining things I read this weekend:
* “TV remotes are super awesome”:http://gm.asm.org/index.php/component/content/article/48/313-the-most-contaminated-surfaces-in-hotel-rooms
* “French beetle aircraft”:http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/8/3073654/french-beetle-coleoptere-aircraft. Jet fighters meet Dr. Seuss. We should let the French design all our weapons systems. We might not win the war but man would we look trippy.
* “Desk optimized for doodling”:http://design-milk.com/my-desk-by-miguel-mestre/. This is not ridiculous at all, it is kind of brilliant.
* “The top 100 young universities”:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/world/asia/whos-the-next-mit.html?_r=2. For all our entrepreneurship, should we be worried that the US is so under-represented?
* “Our bugs control us”:http://thebrainbank.scienceblog.com/2012/06/01/we-are-not-alone-how-the-bugs-in-our-gut-influence-our-eating-habits/. If it was a strict democracy, our gut bacteria would outvote the rest of our bodies every time.