Since I am semi-retired from Halloween prop-building (tho I still have 2 storage pods full of gear if anyone wants to buy some skeletons, tombstones, etc…) I have not been buying as many tools and workbench gadgets as I used to. If I was buying, I’d be trying these out:
* “Planet Pocket Tool”:http://atwoodknives.blogspot.com/ — small handmade tools with an arty bent. I never have time to follow the site and get in on the deals.
* “Grabber”:http://toolmonger.com/2011/02/14/a-third-hand-with-lots-of-fingers/. indispensable for fat-fingered guys like me.
* “Fathead tweezers”:http://toolmonger.com/2011/02/10/fathead-tweezers/. ANother very nicely machined tool.
* “Blackfire flashlight”:http://www.blackfire-usa.com/proddetail.php?prod=001. Always need a clampy light.
* “Cubify”:http://cubify.com/index.aspx. I would LOVE to have a cost effective 3d printer.
* “Inpection Camera”:https://www.google.com/search?gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=cordless+inspection+camera. OK no real use for this but isn’t it cool? I am sure I could justify somehow.
* “Photo Lens Burrito Wrap”:http://www.petapixel.com/2012/01/16/photorito-protect-your-lens-burrito-style/. Seems awesome.