* “Default Folder”:http://db.tidbits.com/article/11217?rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tidbits_main+%28TidBITS%3A+Mac+News+for+the+Rest+of+Us%29&utm_content=Google+Reader — OK i really wanted to love this. But visually very funky. Ended up nuking.
* “PopCharX”:http://www.ergonis.com/products/popcharx/. This is one utility I can’t live without, and the new version with favorites is nice.
Software I haven’t tried but need to:
* “Things”:http://db.tidbits.com/article/11389?rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tidbits_main+%28TidBITS%3A+Mac+News+for+the+Rest+of+Us%29&utm_content=Google+Reader. So frustrated with todo lists on the iphone. I want something that syncs via the cloud with outlook, ical, and has a nice iphone app.
* “Panic Transmit”:https://www.panic.com/transmit/. I am pretty happy with Filezilla but Transmit gets super raves.
* “Lightroom”:http://thomashawk.com/2010/06/adobe-lightroom-3-i-feel-the-need-for-speed-oh-and-the-most-significant-advancement-in-photo-noise-reduction-i-have-ever-seen.html. I’ve been happy with Aperture and I hate the huge morass of software that Adobe foists on you when you install their apps, but I feel like I’m missing the Lightroom party.
* “Trip Journal”:http://www.gadgets-weblog.com/50226711/new_app_turns_your_gadget_into_a_vacation_documentary.php. I’ve installed but haven’t had time to play with yet.
* “Yazsoft Sharetool”:http://www.yazsoft.com/products/sharetool/. Always am drawn to these tools that punch thru all the networking goo and let you get your files anywhere — “Homepipe”:https://www.homepipe.net/about.html is another one. But I never seem to stick with them. Something important in that statement.