I don’t want to sign a long term contract or pay a jillion dollars. A quick scan of options:
* RapidFax. 7.95 a month, 150 pages. 30 day free trial
* efax. 30 day free trial, but 16.95 a month and only 130 pages. and per page overage charges look higher. I guess you need to pay for all their advertising
* Myfax. $10 a month, 30 days free, 100-200 pages included
* faxzero. Free limited sending with ads on cover page, no reception
* Ringcentral. $10 a month, 300 pages included, low price for overage pages
* fax.com. Annoying hostess started talking to me on the home page, i ran away
* Packetel offers a very cheap receive only service — $3.95 a month. You have to sign up for 3 months at this price so $11.85.
* Smartfax. 6.95 a month, free inbound, 5 cents a page outbound. 30 day free trial
a little confusing. my volume is going to be low. the first month is free from just about everyone. i need to look at cancellation policies a little closer and make sure none of these trap me. rapidfax or smartfax seem like the way to go, tho maybe combining the packetel service with faxzero for outbound might be optimal.