Mayo Clinic: Gastroenterology and hepatology options and information at mayoclinic.org — recommended if you really really need some help. Everyone we met in the gastro department was top notch, very patient-focused.
* 20Q.net Inc. — exceeded expectations. cheap and fun.
* Wii — exceeded expectations. The controller makes even simple games way fun. We just need more good games now — a good flying game would be fun.
* Sony reader. Great promise. The display looks really nice. The PC software is not horrible. The visual artifacts on page flipping are really annoying. But a great first attempt.
it is hard to feel sympathy for the industry when they are actively working both ends of the revenue stream at once — whacking users to get us to pay more, and whacking artists to pay them less — The Big Picture | RIAA: More full of S#@$ than ever before
Boy UPS let us down this week. We had perishable food shipped Friday in their approved containers to us for Saturday delivery. Saturday came and went, no packages. The tracking site indicates the packages were left behind overnight for some reason. I called and UPS’s responses:
* “did you call us saturday during the day and raise an issue? Because we would have prioritized them.” What am I supposed to bird-dog all the packages I send? I didn’t realize this.
* “oh you used a UPS store? you shouldn’t do that, they are unreliable, you should go straight to UPS facilities.” So maybe you don’t want to lend your brand to all those stores because as far as I am concerned, UPS now sucks.
I am waiting for email from UPS explaining all this.
* Another great HDR photo from Bob — HDR effects on single image B&W – Bobsplanet. I have to play around with HDR sometime soon. When will we see our first automatic HDR camera?
* Andy likes keyworddiscovery.com