Kurt mentioned to me what a draw his Flying Crank Ghost was. Motivated me to look more deeply into. Here are the key resources I found:
- of course, phantasmechanics . The mother lode. They provide a written guide to building your own; kits for you to assemble; or completely assembled props. And they are super responsive on email.
- The Iron Kingdom. A bunch of FCG and FCG-derived kits, plus some other great prop kits.
- A whole gallery of finished FCGs at Kick The Fog.
- A plan for a crypt to house your FCG
- A scary ghost to hang off your mechanism
- Ebay has a ton of FCG related auctions — or better yet here is the Mpire page analyzing FCG auctions