Haven’t harvested the halloween sig i follow for good ideas recently. Time to start that back up. Here are some interesting ides:
* Just use a loud bass rumble for a good atmospheric effect.
* RIP the soundtracks from game CDs (Doom for instance), they have great atmospheric sound
* a cubase plugin for controlling props via MIDI — Delusional Creature Controller. (ok this has nothing to do with sound effects but i drew some connection between sound and midi)
* Dungeonkeeper is another PC game with apparently a great atmospheric soundtrack
* Some people have been locating their air compressors within their haunt — the sound of the compressor firing up can give people a good startle — great idea, I have mine hidden behind the house right now.